With so many developments changing daily, we feel the need to reach out because we care about you and your families, and we know that you are dealing with so much right now. At Sutton Place Physical and Aquatic Therapy, your health and well-being is our top priority.
As a health care facility and not a gym, we wanted to update you on our clinic as patient care is our first priority. Our aquatics program is currently on hold as our pool is temporarily closed. With that said, our clinic is open, and we are continuing to offer our full range of services, including Pilates. In the coming days, we will be providing more information about our TeleHealth Physical Therapy and Wellness Programs so that you can still receive physical therapy from your home should you choose that option.
In recent days we have all seen a new reality regarding the concerns about the COVID-19. We are monitoring recommendations from the health authorities and we are open to provide the personal care needed for our patients treatment and journey to recovery.
We would like to share some details on the standard daily practices which we have always had at our clinic in addition to the extra steps we are taking in light of the COVID-19 virus.
Standard practices that our patients have always experienced at Sutton Place Physical and Aquatic Therapy include:
- All of our linens are single-use and are cleaned using detergent on high heat
Wiping down of all treatment beds and equipment after each use with hospital grade disinfectant.
- Our clinic is fully equipped with handwashing stations as well as hand sanitizers. Cleaning high-touch areas with medical-grade disinfectant (e.g., door handles, common area surfaces, railings, chairs, light switches, payment machines, exercise equipment and treatment tools).
- Our staff wash their hands thoroughly for 20 seconds between treating each patient.
Additional steps we are taking now include:
- Additional training to our staff on increased sanitization/hand hygiene recommendations
- Advising our staff to stay home if they are feeling unwell.
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning all items listed above
- Monitoring information from our health authorities (CDC, WHO) to adjust our plan based on recommendations
- Regularly wiping down all door handles, electric door pushbuttons, countertops in the waiting area
We know that the COVID-19 virus can be alarming and a bit scary. At Sutton Place Physical and Aquatic Therapy, we see this as a partnership journey with you as we make it a priority to take care of each other. The steps that we have put in place are due to our love for our patients but also for our great staff.
We can all play a role in this joint battle with the virus.
We respectfully request that our patients:
- Wash their hands prior to signing in for their appointment and use hand sanitizer/wash hands prior to leaving
- Reschedule appointments for a future date if you are feeling unwell, or have had any international travel in the past few weeks.
Here are some tips that we can all follow in our daily lives:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water (for at least 20 seconds). An alcohol-based hand sanitizer is a good option if soap and warm water is not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with the inside of your elbow when coughing or sneezing
- Regularly clean high touch objects and surfaces
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- If you feel sick, stay home and avoid public spaces
At Sutton Place Physical and Aquatic Therapy, your health is the cornerstone of why we exist. We look forward to continuing to be a partner in your health and wellness journey and taking steps with our patients to create a healthy and sanitary environment.
Dr Carol Stillman and The team @ Sutton Place Physical and Aquatic Therapy