Sutton Place Physical and Aquatic Therapy offers Pilates in a private setting with certified pilates instructor, Madelyn Freundlich.
Madelyn has worked with clients at the Vanderbilt YMCA and Asphalt Green, Upper East Side on the reformer both on a one-to-one basis and in small group classes. She carefully develops reformer sessions for each client based on client goals, strengths, and physical challenges, focusing on safety, alignment, and breath. Madelyn has a diverse fitness background and enjoys blending elements of yoga, barre, and balance work into pilates sessions. Her continuing pilates education has broadened her teaching skills to other Pilates apparatus, including the Wunda Chair, the arc, and the tower. She enjoys working with clients of all ages and physical ability and brings energy and commitment to clients' achieving their health and fitness goals. Madelyn holds master's degrees in social work and public health. Our clientele includes children, business professionals, weekend warriors, and active seniors. All have one thing in common, to build their strength, agility and the mind/body connection.
Her professional fitness background, in addition to pilates, includes:
- AFAA Group Fitness Instructor Certification
- AFAA Personal Trainer Certification
- IBBFA Barre Certification Level 1
- IBBFA Prenatal/Postnatal Barre Certification
- YogaWorks Yoga Teacher Certification and E-RYT 200 Yoga Alliance
- Aqua Yoga Teacher Certification
- Livestrong Personal Trainer Certification
- AEA Certified Water Fitness Professional Certification
- PRONatal Fitness Certificate: Prenatal and Postnatal Personal Training
- PRONatal Fitness Certificate: Prenatal and Postnatal Group Exercise
- ACE Advanced Certification Cancer Exercise Specialist
- TRX Certification