Carol Stillman, PT, DPT Owner, Physical Therapist
Carol founded Sutton Place Physical and Aquatic Therapy in 1998. Her personal mission is to ensure patients of all ages receive personalized care so they improve their health and overall well-being. Carol earned a Bachelor of Science degree in physical therapy from Ithaca College, a Master of Science degree from the University of Southern California and most recently a Post Professional DPT from Evidence in Motion (EIM). She has served as Director of Physical Therapy at Doctors Memorial and Charter Peachford Hospitals in Atlanta. Carol continues to expand her knowledge base and has expertise in pre and post-operative orthopedics, foot and ankle injuries, osteoporosis, fall prevention spine, pediatrics, older adults, sports medicine, aquatic physical therapy and breast cancer rehabilitation. In 2011, Carol was certified by The Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) as an advanced hip clinician. She is a certified Pelvic Health Physical Therapist. Carol has been a speaker for the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), the American Hospital Association, the New York Road Runners, Excelsior Health Club, The Arthritis Foundation and New York University. She has also been interviewed on SIRIUS radio for “Dr. Health” discussing Fall Prevention and Osteoporosis.
Currently, Carol is a member of the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), is on the Board of the Arthritis Foundation of NYC as well as the Aquatic Academy of the APTA. Carol enjoys skiing, pilates, reading , taking culinary classes, travel and being a Mom to two active boys! Email Carol at Carol@suttonplacept.net
Continuing Education Coursework:
- Aquatic Therapy and Rehabilitation Institution Conference
- Certified Pelvic Health Physical Therapist- Evidence in Motion
- Herman and Wallace Pelvic Floor Function, Dysfunction and Treatment Level 1
- Mulligan Mobilizations with Movement
- Institute of Physical Art Functional Orthopedics One
- Essentials of Medical Screening
- Essentials of Pharmacology and Clinical Lab Tests
- Essentials of Musculoskeletal Imaging
- Management of Lumbopelvic Disorders
- Sexuality Considerations
Ben Musselman, PT, DPT Senior Physical Therapist
Dr. Ben Musselman received his Doctorate in Physical Therapy from Hunter College (City University of New York Graduate Center) and his Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration from Eastern Mennonite University. Ben has been treating patients with orthopedic, neurologic, gait and balance and vestibular diagnoses at Sutton Place Physical and Aquatic Therapy for over 7 years. The therapy he provides is grounded in a Maitland manual therapy and assessment based approach. This approach emphasizes hands on mobilization of muscles and joints guided by extensive communication between patient and therapist. This approach fits well with Sutton Place Physical and Aquatic Therapy’s one on one structured treatment sessions. Ben has studied this approach through extensive continuing education coursework in the discipline. Ben integrates into this approach some of the key therapeutic components of yoga, such as breathing, total body alignment, and mindfulness that he has learned though Threes Physiyoga, and Ashtanga Yoga Shala workshop coursework, and from his own personal practice of yoga.
As a Senior Physical Therapist, Ben continues to contribute to a culture of professional excellence and commitment to patient success.
Contact Ben at Ben@suttonplacept.net
Continuing Education Coursework:
- Maitland-Australian Physiotherapy: MT-1 Essential Peripheral
- Maitland-Australian Physiotherapy: MT-2 Essential Spinal
- Maitland-Australian Physiotherapy: MT-3 Intermediate Spinal
- Maitland-Australian Physiotherapy: MT-ST Stabilization Training and Functional Rehabilitation
- Maitland-Australian Physiotherapy: MT-O Evidenced Based Diagnostic Orthopedic Evaluation
- Maitland-Australian Physiotherapy: MT-4 Differential Assessment and Clinical reasoning
- Maitland Geriatric Manual Therapy: MT-G Geriatric Manual Therapy
- ThreesPhysio: Introduction to the Physioyoga Global Method for physical therapists
- Ashtanga Yoga Shala Peter Greve: Ashtanga Yoga and the Movement System
Fanny Chan, PT, DPT Physical Therapist
Fanny Chan earned her Doctorate of Physical Therapy and her Bachelors in Health Sciences from Drexel University. She has experiences in a variety of settings including acute care, outpatient orthopedic and neurological. She has attended the 2019 Christiana Care Annual Neurovascular Symposium, where she learned the latest research on acute CVA care. Fanny has a passion working with patients with various neurological and vestibular disorders and creating programs specific to their needs. During her undergraduate education she spent time volunteering at a pro bono health clinic where she learned the importance of communication in the healing process. She has also volunteered for at Mother Baby Connections working with post-pardum women. In her free time Fanny enjoys trying unique foods finds throughout the city.
Barbara Carbone, PT, MA Physical Therapist
Barbara earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Physical Therapy from Hunter College and a Master of Arts degree in Exercise Physiology from Adelphi University. She has worked in a variety of settings and is experienced in acute care, rehab, outpatient, cardiac rehab, home care, pre and post natal care, and dance medicine. Barbara is a Certified Personal Trainer and a Certified Medical Exercise Specialist. She has taken continuing education courses in Kinesio taping, Shoulder Rehab, Pelvic Floor Treatment, Mulligan NAGS and SNAGS, Exercise for Seniors, Pilates for Rehabilitation, Evidence- Based Examination of the Foot and Ankle, Working with Osteoporosis and Osteopenia, and TheraPilates Mat Class for the Fit Older Adult. It is her passion and belief that movement, proper alignment and skilled exercise are crucial medicine for many clients, and she strives to incorporate optimal fitness goals to all clients, no matter what their fitness level. Barbara has a keen sense of movement, and has studied ballet for most of her life, ran the NYC marathon, participated in triathlons, and is an avid swimmer. She recently joined our team in the newly developed Aquatic Program which is a dream come true for her as a therapist; combining her expertise in rehabilitation and love of the medium of water for exercise and healing. Barbara is a volunteer with Yorkville Youth Athletic Association as a choreographer for youth musical theater productions, and in her spare time enjoys an active lifestyle with swimming, ballet class, running, cooking, music, and spending time with her husband and two grown children. Contact Barbara at Barbara@suttonplacept.net
Continuing Education Coursework:
- Certified Personal Trainer
- Certified Medical Exercise Specialist.
- Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioner®
- Mobilization With Movement: NAGS and SNAGS
- Pelvic Floor Certification
- Exercise for Seniors
- Pilates for Rehabilitation,
- Evidence-Based Examination of the Foot and Ankle
- Working with Osteoporosis and Osteopenia
- TheraPilates Mat Class for the Fit Older Adult
Irene Hernández, MS, PT Physical Therapist
Irene Hernández is a physical therapist specializing in Pelvic Physical Therapy. She is also a trainer and educator in the use of Indiba Radio Frequency for Orthopedic and Pelvic Physical Therapy. Irene is an expert at treating pelvic floor dysfunction, and chronic pelvic pain for men, women, teens and children. She has extensive experience with pregnant and postpartum women and has a special interest in bringing female athletes back to their full potential after pregnancies.
Irene received her Physical Therapy degree in Spain, from Universidad Europea de Madrid, and her postgraduate degree in Urogynecological Physical Therapy from Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha in Spain. She is also a certified Iyengar Yoga teacher and Mat and Reformer Pilates instructor. Irene started her professional life as a Software Engineer. She graduated from a six-year program in Spain, in Universidad Politécnica de Madrid in 1993, and worked in the IT industry for 15 years in Spain and the U.S. However, after exploring the therapeutic solutions to minimize the pain she was experiencing from scoliosis and the pelvic discomfort, she chose to switch careers to something she found more meaningful and become certified in Yoga in the Iyengar Method and study the Somatic body awareness method with Bonnie Bainbridge-Cohen. This knowledge ultimately crystallized her decision to become a Physical Therapist, and later to specialize in Pelvic Physical Therapy.
Irene’s unique approach to physical therapy and pelvic health marries her love of technology and algorithmic decision making with her understanding of the body from the standpoint of improved awareness and sensory experience. Irene enjoys incorporating Yoga and body-mind knowledge into the therapeutic process to help improve body awareness and understand how different factors such as activity, posture, emotions, etc. may cause or aggravate symptoms. She is also a Pilates instructor, marathon runner, and an avid swimmer.
The following is a summary of Irene’s most relevant continuing education and related certifications:
- Physical Therapy Treatment of the Pediatric Patient, 2020: Carina Jones.
- Integrated Model Systems (ISM): Pelvis and Thorax, 2019: Diane Lee education. BC
- Pelvic floor functional ultrasound. 2 courses, 2015, 2018: Ruth Jones, Herman & Wallace
- Visceral mobilization courses VM1, VM2, 2017: Barral Institute, USA
- Dry Needling certification, 2015: Travell & Simons, Spain
- Maitland manual therapy, 2013: Fortema institute, Spain
- Hypopressive Method GAH1, GAH2, 2015: Marcel Caufriez, Spain.
- Stott Pilates Matt and Reformer, 2013: Akrostudio, Spain.
- Somatic Anatomy, 2008-9: Body Mind Centering Institute, USA
- Iyengar yoga training & IYNAUS certification, 2003-4: Iyengar yoga institute of San Francisco
Isha Mody, PT, MS, CES Physical Therapist
Isha’s experience includes providing physical therapy at various practices both in New York City and in India.
Isha Mody earned her Bachelor’s degree in Physical Therapy from Manipal University in India and a Master’s degree in Exercise Science with a focus on Nutrition from Long Island University in Brooklyn.Isha’s experience includes providing physical therapy at various practices both in New York City and in India. Isha has an expertise in a wide range of orthopedic and neurological impairments including pre and post-operative orthopedics, neck and back dysfunction, aquatic physical therapy and pelvic health.
Her interest in pelvic health began with discovering that many patients with chronic low back pain had dysfunction with their pelvic health muscles as well. Since then, she has worked with the pelvic floor, along with continuing her pelvic education with Herman & Wallace Pelvic Rehab Institute. Isha believes in using a functional approach, thereby using movement therapy, posture education, ergonomics, breath work, and a biopsychosocial approach with her pelvic health practice. She enjoys treating incontinence, constipation, post prostatectomy, prolapse, dyspareunia, pain with sex, among other conditions.Through her time in India, Isha was part of the PT team dedicated to improving outcomes after hip and knee arthroplasties, at one of India’s dedicated joint replacement hospitals.
In her free time, Isha enjoys connecting with nature with her rescue dog, Diane at Prospect Park, watching documentaries, going to Comedy Clubs and exploring NYC’s culturally diverse vegetarian and vegan cuisines. She believes food and nutrition play an integral role in health and wellness and an even bigger role in healing. She also volunteers for a local composting organization every week and believes in living a minimal waste environment conscious lifestyle. She is proficient in 3 Indian languages and is currently learning Spanish.
Continuing Education Coursework
- Herman & Wallace: Function, Dysfunction and Treatment: Urogynecologic Examination and Treatment Interventions
- Herman & Wallace: Function, Dysfunction and Treatment: Colorectal and Coccyx Conditions, Male Pelvic Floor, Pudendal Nerve Dysfunction
- Aquatic Physical Therapy for the Pregnant Client
- Certificate Course in Orthopedic Manual Therapy, India
- Certified in Revolution in Motion, Agoura Hills, CA
- Corrective Exercise Specialist, National Academy of Sports Medicine
Priyanka Tanavde, PT, DPT Physical Therapist
Priyanka Tanavde earned her Doctor of Physical Therapy from New York Medical College and her Bachelors in Health Science from Northeastern University. She has experience in outpatient orthopedics, pediatrics, and aquatic therapy. She has attended the 2019 and 2020 American Academy of Pediatric Physical Therapy Conferences and has taken a wide variety of continuing education coursework in pediatric care. She was also a medical volunteer for the NYC marathon. In addition to working at SPPT she is an Early Intervention provider. In her free time, she enjoys running, playing music, and reading.
Contact Priyanka at firstname.lastname@example.org
Continuing Education Coursework:
- APTA Academy of Pediatric Physical Therapy Conference 2019, 2020:
- Early Intervention for Medically Fragile Newborns and Very Young Infants: Essential Knowledge for Optimizing Neurodevelopmental Outcomes BABIES and PreSTEPS approach
- Innovating in the Face of Change: Clinical Reasoning in Children with SMA Type 1
- Orthopedic Spinal Conditions in the Pediatric Patient: Diagnosis and Management
- Pediatric Orthopedic and Sport Upper Extremity Injuries: Diagnosis, Treatment and Returning Kids to Play
- Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome: Symptom Management and Physical Therapy Treatment in Pediatric Population
- Promoting Optimal Outcomes Following Pediatric Concussion Through an Interdisciplinary Approach
- Telehealth's Vital Role in Value-based Pediatric Physical Therapy Care
- The Standing Continuum: Alignment and Movement Control Development from Birth to First Steps with Applications for Treatment
Seonghun Jeong, PT, DPT Physical Therapist
Seonghun Jeong received his Bachelor’s degree in Physical Therapy from Gachon University of Medicine and Science in S.Korea, and he went on to earn his DPT from Loma Linda University in California in 2015.
Seon comes to SPPT with extensive experience in sports medicine while treating elite college and high school athletes of all types at orthopedic outpatient clinics including national rehab network in MD.
He looks forward to continuing his education by taking classes to receive a certification in orthopedics and manual techniques. In his free time, Seon enjoys working out and cooking, as well as going out to walk around new places.
Continuing Education Coursework
- McKenzie Part A - Lumbar spine, The McKenzie Institute
- McKenzie Part B - Cervical spine, The Mckenzie Institute
- Dryneedling LV1 and LV 2, Kinetacore
- Functional Therapeutics, Kinetacore
- Integrative Dry Needling, ProCert
- Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization (Course Level A), Rehabilitation Prague School
Antonio Pontecovi, PTA Physical Therapist (Italy), Physical Therapy Assistant (US)
Originally from Italy, Antonio received his Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Therapy from the University of Rome. While in Rome, Antonio had been treating patients with orthopedic, neurologic, cardiologic, and oncologic diagnosis’ at the Fondazione Don Carlo Gnocchi, a renowned Rehabilitation Center in Rome for over eighteen years. He is an expert in Aquatic Physical Therapy having worked in aquatics for many years and is a skilled manual therapist with expertise in the treatment of the TMJ joint. Antonio also worked as a PT with the Italian national rowing team to prepare for the 2004 Olympics in Athens. In 2019, Antonio came to the US and immediately started working in an outpatient Physical Therapy Center in Manhattan. We are excited to have him at Sutton Place Physical and Aquatic Therapy. In His free time, Antonio enjoys running, swimming, biking and watching movies.
Continuing Education Coursework:
- Introduction to the theory and practice of the Feldenkrais method
- Functional sports bandage
- Introduction of the "three teams" method
- TOP postural osteopathic therapy, Philippe Caiazzo
- Treatment of temporomandibular dysfunctions, Mariano Rocabado
- Treatment of the "Pompages" fascia
- Course of Hydrotherapy Mauro Calisti Alvaro Muzzi.
Marie Mantz, Pilates Instructor
Marie Mantz received her BA in Art History in 2015, but bodywork and fitness has been her lifelong passion. Her love of movement, form and technique comes from her ballet and modern dance background where she was fortunate enough to train with some of the best technicians in NYC and San Francisco. During her dance training, is when Marie found Pilates and it was love at first sight. She loved how her body felt after taking a Pilates class and wanted to give others the same experience. Marie believes, when you train and work out with great form, your body is capable of anything.
In 2018, Marie received her 500hr certification from Gramercy Pilates, teaching group classes and privates, and in 2019, she earned her Pre and Post Natal Pilates certificate through Kinected Pilates. Marie has also worked at Equinox, where she trained clients of all age ranges, fitness levels, and injuries.
In addition to training clients in Pilates at Sutton Place Physical and Aquatics Therapy, Marie’s longterm goal is to be a Physical Therapist. She is currently taking courses to achieve that her goal. In her free time, Marie enjoys weight training, Muay Thai, and bouldering.