Carol Stillman - PT, DPT Owner, Physical Therapist
Carol founded Sutton Place Physical and Aquatic Therapy in 1998. Her personal mission is to ensure patients of all ages receive personalized care so they improve their health and overall well-being. Carol earned a Bachelor of Science degree in physical therapy from Ithaca College, a Master of Science degree from the University of Southern California and most recently a Post Professional DPT from Evidence in Motion (EIM). She has served as Director of Physical Therapy at Doctors Memorial and Charter Peachford Hospitals in Atlanta. Carol continues to expand her knowledge base and has expertise in pre and post-operative orthopedics, foot and ankle injuries, osteoporosis, fall prevention spine, pediatrics, older adults, sports medicine, aquatic physical therapy and breast cancer rehabilitation. In 2011, Carol was certified by The Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) as an advanced hip clinician. She is a certified Pelvic Health Physical Therapist. Carol has been a speaker for the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), the American Hospital Association, the New York Road Runners, Excelsior Health Club, The Arthritis Foundation and New York University. She has also been interviewed on SIRIUS radio for “Dr. Health” discussing Fall Prevention and Osteoporosis.
Currently, Carol is a member of the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA). Carol enjoys skiing, pilates, reading , taking culinary classes , travel and being a Mom to two active boys! Email Carol at Carol@suttonplacept.net
Continuing Education Coursework:
- Aquatic Therapy and Rehabilitation Institution Conference
- Certified Pelvic Health Physical Therapist- Evidence in Motion
- Herman and Wallace Pelvic Floor Function, Dysfunction and Treatment Level 1
- Mulligan Mobilizations with Movement
- Institute of Physical Art Functional Orthopedics One
- Essentials of Medical Screening
- Essentials of Pharmacology and Clinical Lab Tests
- Essentials of Musculoskeletal Imaging
- Management of Lumbopelvic Disorders
- Sexuality Considerations
Ben Musselman - PT, DPT Senior Physical Therapist
Dr. Ben Musselman received his Doctorate in Physical Therapy from Hunter College (City University of New York Graduate Center) and his Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration from Eastern Mennonite University. Ben has been treating patients with orthopedic, neurologic, gait and balance and vestibular diagnoses at Sutton Place Physical and Aquatic Therapy for over 7 years. The therapy he provides is grounded in a Maitland manual therapy and assessment based approach. This approach emphasizes hands on mobilization of muscles and joints guided by extensive communication between patient and therapist. This approach fits well with Sutton Place Physical and Aquatic Therapy’s one on one structured treatment sessions. Ben has studied this approach through extensive continuing education coursework in the discipline. Ben integrates into this approach some of the key therapeutic components of yoga, such as breathing, total body alignment, and mindfulness that he has learned though Threes Physiyoga, and Ashtanga Yoga Shala workshop coursework, and from his own personal practice of yoga.
As a Senior Physical Therapist, Ben continues to contribute to a culture of professional excellence and commitment to patient success.
Contact Ben at Ben@suttonplacept.net
Continuing Education Coursework:
- Maitland-Australian Physiotherapy: MT-1 Essential Peripheral
- Maitland-Australian Physiotherapy: MT-2 Essential Spinal
- Maitland-Australian Physiotherapy: MT-3 Intermediate Spinal
- Maitland-Australian Physiotherapy: MT-ST Stabilization Training and Functional Rehabilitation
- Maitland-Australian Physiotherapy: MT-O Evidenced Based Diagnostic Orthopedic Evaluation
- Maitland-Australian Physiotherapy: MT-4 Differential Assessment and Clinical reasoning
- Maitland Geriatric Manual Therapy: MT-G Geriatric Manual Therapy
- ThreesPhysio: Introduction to the Physioyoga Global Method for physical therapists
- Ashtanga Yoga Shala Peter Greve: Ashtanga Yoga and the Movement System
Crystal Eubanks - MS, PT Physical Therapist, Director of Neurological Services
Crystal Eubanks graduated from Long Island University with a Master's in Health Sciences in Physical Therapy. She has worked in a variety of settings including acute rehab, acute hospital care, home care, and outpatient clinics. Certified in LSVT BIG (Parkinson's Disease and other Movement Disorders), Crystal's passion is working with patients with various neurological disorders and creating programs specific to their needs. Crystal has worked with orthopedic, cardiac, trauma, geriatric, and oncologic patients. She has expertise in scar management, wound care, splinting, and burns. Crystal enjoys traveling and exploring new countries, watching the NY Jets, and playing softball in Central Park. Crystal was a pitcher on the LIU blackbirds softball team and now enjoys coaching girls softball. Crystal loves playing with her dog, Harley, in her free time.
In her new role, Crystal will continue to develop programs to serve the needs of patients with neurological conditions.
Contact Crystal at Crystal@suttonplacept.net
Continuing Education Coursework:
- LSVT Certification
- NYU Cervical Spine Course
- Comprehensive Concussion Management of the Adolescent Athlete: The Blending of Vestibular & Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- NYP Stroke Symposium
- JFK Coma Recovery Scale – Revised
Barbara Carbone - PT, MA Physical Therapist
Barbara earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Physical Therapy from Hunter College and a Master of Arts degree in Exercise Physiology from Adelphi University. She has worked in a variety of settings and is experienced in acute care, rehab, outpatient, cardiac rehab, home care, pre and post natal care, and dance medicine. Barbara is a Certified Personal Trainer and a Certified Medical Exercise Specialist. She has taken continuing education courses in Kinesio taping, Shoulder Rehab, Pelvic Floor Treatment, Mulligan NAGS and SNAGS, Exercise for Seniors, Pilates for Rehabilitation, Evidence- Based Examination of the Foot and Ankle, Working with Osteoporosis and Osteopenia, and TheraPilates Mat Class for the Fit Older Adult. It is her passion and belief that movement, proper alignment and skilled exercise are crucial medicine for many clients, and she strives to incorporate optimal fitness goals to all clients, no matter what their fitness level. Barbara has a keen sense of movement, and has studied ballet for most of her life, ran the NYC marathon, participated in triathlons, and is an avid swimmer. She recently joined our team in the newly developed Aquatic Program which is a dream come true for her as a therapist; combining her expertise in rehabilitation and love of the medium of water for exercise and healing. Barbara is a volunteer with Yorkville Youth Athletic Association as a choreographer for youth musical theater productions, and in her spare time enjoys an active lifestyle with swimming, ballet class, running, cooking, music, and spending time with her husband and two grown children. Contact Barbara at Barbara@suttonplacept.net
Continuing Education Coursework:
- Certified Personal Trainer
- Certified Medical Exercise Specialist.
- Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioner®
- Mobilization With Movement: NAGS and SNAGS
- Pelvic Floor Certification
- Exercise for Seniors
- Pilates for Rehabilitation,
- Evidence-Based Examination of the Foot and Ankle
- Working with Osteoporosis and Osteopenia
- TheraPilates Mat Class for the Fit Older Adult
Irene Hernández - MS, PT Physical Therapist
Irene Hernández is a physical therapist specializing in pelvic physical therapy. She received her Physical Therapy degree in Spain, from Universidad Europea de Madrid, and her postgraduate degree in Urogynecological Physical Therapy from Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha in Spain. She is also a trainer and educator in the use of Indiba Indiba Radio Frequency for pelvic physical therapy.
As a result of this diverse set of educational and professional influences, Irene has developed an approach to physical therapy, and in particular, to pelvic physical therapy, that can be summarized in these principles
- Emphasis on Clinical Reasoning: an ongoing appraisal of patient input to drive a targeted therapy: pelvic physical therapy presents with complex challenges and requires continuous revision of therapeutic targets.
- The pairing of classical pelvic PT interventions with technology to improve tissue health: cutting-edge ultrasound and EMG biofeedback, and Indiba radiofrequency.
- Awareness of the Body: “enhanced” with anatomical knowledge and Yoga and Somatics-inspired techniques to acquire refined body proprioception.
Irene started her professional life as a Software Engineer, accruing 15 years of experience in the field both in Spain and the USA. She graduated from a six-year program in Spain, in Universidad Politécnica de Madrid in 1993, and accumulated a total of 15 years of professional experience both in Spain as well as in the US. Difficulties with scoliosis, chronic back, and pelvic pain led her to explore therapeutic options for herself, becoming certified in Yoga in the Iyengar method and studying the Somatic body awareness method with Bonnie Bainbridge-Cohen. This knowledge ultimately crystallized her decision to become a physical therapist, and later to specialize in pelvic physical therapy. Irene’s approach marries her love of technology and algorithmic decision making with her understanding of the body from the standpoint of improved awareness and sensory experience. Irene enjoys incorporating Yoga and body-mind knowledge into the therapeutic process to help improve body awareness and understand how different factors such as activity, posture, emotions, etc. may cause or aggravate symptoms, and how to introduce therapeutic changes in daily life. She is also a Pilates instructor, a marathon runner, and an avid swimmer and specializes in athletes with pelvic dysfunction.
The following is a summary of Irene’s most relevant continuing education and related certifications:
- Integrated Model Systems (ISM): Pelvis and Thorax, 2019: Diane Lee education. BC
- Pelvic floor functional ultrasound. 2 courses, 2015, 2018: Ruth Jones, Herman & Wallace
- Visceral mobilization courses VM1, VM2, 2017: Barral Institute, USA
- Dry Needling certification, 2015: Travell & Simons, Spain
- Maitland manual therapy, 2013: Fortema Institute, Spain
- Hypopressive Method GAH1, GAH2, 2015: Marcel Caufriez, Spain.
- Stott Pilates Matt and Reformer, 2013: Akrostudio, Spain.
- Somatic Anatomy, 2008-9: Body-Mind Centering Institute, USA
- Iyengar yoga training & IYNAUS certification, 2003-4: Iyengar yoga institute of San Francisco
Daniel Case Pilates Instructor
For almost a decade, Daniel has worked with clients of all ages helping to strengthen their bodies through Pilates without self-injury. Daniel strongly believes that Pilates can improve the quality of physical life of anyone.
He is Certified in Pilates along with this BFA in Dance and an MFA in Theater, Daniel's background as a professional performer, aerialist, and stunt acrobat gives him a wealth of knowledge about the body and its alignment and rehabilitation as well as injury prevention. Based on his own pilates experience, Daniel has continued to be injury free while performing eight shows a week.